November 18, 2010
Since 1851, the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine have been lighting the way... To celebrate this commitment of service to the Greater Cleveland community, the Sisters of Charity Health System will be hosting our first Celebration of Lights event, featuring a brief ecumenical prayer service, Hanukkah menorah and Advent candle lighting, and festive holiday lights display led by:
- Mayor Frank G. Jackson, City of Cleveland
- Most Reverend Roger W. Gries, OSB, auxiliary bishop, Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
- Sister Judith Ann Karam, CSA, president and CEO, Sisters of Charity Health System
- Gary Coleman, Ed.D, executive director, Cleveland Hillel Foundation
- Cantor Sarah J. Sager, Anshe Chesed Fairmount Temple
- Pastor R.A. Vernon, “ THE WORD” Church (invited)
The holiday displays will include lights creating a 12-story Christmas tree, a six-story Advent calendar and more. Throughout December, the lighted Advent calendar will count down the days until Christmas.
ALL ARE WELCOME! The event will take place on December 1 in Downtown Cleveland on the lawn of St. Vincent Charity Medical Center at East 22nd Street and Community College Avenue.
- 6:00 p.m. Christmas music from Tri-C Chorale
- 6:30 p.m. Prayer and program led by community leaders (noted above)
- 6:45 p.m. Holiday lighting ceremony
- 6:50 p.m. Caroling by All City Choir’s Road Show; reception with hot cocoa and cookies
Parking is available in the lot adjacent to the Medical Office Building at 2322 East 22nd Street, across the street from St. Vincent Charity Medical Center.
Join us! RSVP at www.schsholiday.eventbrite.com or by calling 216-377-4355.