November 24, 2009
Providence Hospitals was presented with seven awards at the Carolina’s Healthcare Public Relations & Marketing Society (CHPRMS) Fall Conference in Asheville, NC. The Wallie and Golden Tusk awards are given annually to recognize excellence in health care public relations and marketing. Members compete in more than a 30 categories and a panel of health care, advertising and graphic design professionals select the winners.
Providence Hospitals’ awards are as follows:
- Gold Wallie, Writing: Speech & Position Papers – Quality Indicators
- Gold Wallie, Results ROI – Providence Caring Club
- Silver Wallie, External Publications - Legacy
- Silver Wallie, Writing Feature or News Story – Eating Healthy During the Holidays
- Golden Tusk, Recruitment – Nursing Fair
- Golden Tusk, Internal Relations – Caught In the ACT
- Golden Tusk, Issue Management – Heart Certificate of Need Settlement
“Providence Hospitals is pleased to be recognized by these awards from our peers in North and South Carolina,” said John Kessler, Providence vice president of marketing and business development. “Providence is blessed with a public relations and marketing team who set the highest standards of communications excellence.”
Providence Hospitals is a two hospital health care system with 304 licensed beds. It is located in downtown Columbia and was founded by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Augustine in 1938. The facility is best known for the expertise in cardiac care it provides through Providence Heart & Vascular Institute, which is recognized statewide as a referral center for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
Providence Hospital Northeast was established in 1999 and offers a range of medical services in surgery, emergency care, women’s and children’s services and rehabilitation. Providence Northeast is home to Providence Orthopaedic & Neuro Spine Institute, which provides medical and surgical treatment of diseases and injuries of the bones, joints and spine.